Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Sweetest Blessing

Wow hey! It's Wednesday. Anyway...
There's a certain cleansing feeling that comes from getting rid of junk I never use. Today I went through bathroom stuff and a few more books. I probably wouldn't go through stuff of my own accord. It's only because I'll be moving soon. This is the plan still, anyways. I hope it works out. I don't even know where I'm going to live. Heh. Or work. Thankfully, I have last resort back-ups. That puts me quite at ease.

I am worried that I won't have enough time to study for the GRE. Ideally, I would take it next month, but I won't be ready at all. Late November at the latest. I'll see what I can do. I'm worried, though.

I bought another pair of earrings on Ebay. They're several little cubic zirconia surrounding a middle stone. They're size 2 gauge. They have screw-on backs, so they're much easier than the 4g ones I had, which were grooved for o-rings. These new ones make me look like I'm majorly blingin'.

For work/internship I'm putting together leadership outlines from a couple of books. The one I'm doing now is 7 Habits by Covey. It was really good for me to go through and read/review it, especially the first habit.... Be Proactive. I've realized that I've been more reactive than proactive lately, and I need to get over that. This has been a blessing to me.

Another blessing in my life has been my best friend, Jason. I don't know how I would've made it through this past year without his love and understanding. Those are two very deep words. Spelling the words out alone does not do justice to the weight of what he has done for me. This is something that matters SO much to me. It's good to feel the gratitude constantly. He deserves it. Love you, Jase! You know, I wouldn't have met him in the great circumstances that I did if I hadn't been struggling at the Phoenix. I wouldn't have been struggling at the Phoenix if I wasn't asked to switch from the Focus to the Phoenix. I wouldn't have been asked to switch if I didn't get the job at the Journey. I wouldn't have gotten the job if I didn't work in Veg Prep with a co-worker who suggested I apply. I wouldn't have worked in Veg Prep if I hadn't moved to Utah. I wouldn't have moved to Utah if I didn't get accepted to BYU. I wouldn't have gotten accepted to BYU if I hadn't been a good student. I wouldn't have been a good student if I hadn't had good role models and guidance. Thus, I attribute one of the greatest blessings in my life (Jason), to one of life's greatest blessings: good role models and guidance. I thank my Heavenly Father for the wonderful blessings he has so cleverly and graciously conferred on me.

Life is sweet.

No comments: