Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Going?

So my family in Arizona has been begging me back since the day I left. I will have finished my undergraduate internship by the end of September and have planned on moving back then. I'm a strong believer in things working themselves out the way that God feels is best for me. This is how it works: I make a decision, then put my trust in Him. Every time I have done this, without fail, I looked back and heaved a sigh of relief at what would've probably been a worse scenario.
This time, I'm going to make the moves to get ready to go to Arizona, and if this is what will make me happiest, God will make it happen.
However, some things have come to my mind that I am stressed about. I don't know if my car can make it. I don't know whether I will have help carrying my stuff down to AZ or if I will have to ship stuff to myself. I don't have a job lined up yet. I don't have a place to live. I would've liked to be in Utah when I ask my professors for grad school recommendation letters, but I know I have other options of I am out-of-state. These are pretty big factors. I know I still have three weeks to figure it out, but that's not much time. Who knows? Things may just work out at the last second.
Yeah, I'm studying for the GRE. It's required to apply to grad school, which I want to do this year. My first choice is ASU because it's right there. I would also do U of A or BYU (only because it's cheap tuition, mind you). We'll just wait and see. Do they give scholarships to grad students? I still have a lot of learning to do. Especially within the likes of hundreds of new vocabulary words for this ridiculous test to which I've enslaved myself. Well, I'm a good test-taker so even if I'm suffering from brain deficiency, I can use logic and reasoning to figure out the answers.

Quote of the yesterday:
"No, Jakeb, the only true excitement out of life is from watching other people play sports and get paid millions of dollars doing it. Otherwise, life is not worth living. Just ask the starving orphans in Africa." ~ me
mmm yeah I disagree with the having people who get paid ridiculous monies and incentives to play sports. Their purpose is pure entertainment, like an actor or a singer. Really, I think it's bogus and that much money could be used for a lot more -- oh I don't know -- life-saving pursuits. It especially bugs me that zoobies are so obsessed about their football games. Get lives, people!

Today I get to work a 13.5 hour grave shift (yayyyy). o_o
I'm just staying to observe a process group and activity with the girls. It's for my internship. Ok time to study.

Leave me comments. =)

No comments: