Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dreams come true, but not always how you want

You know how some people have a list of things they want to do before they die? Well one of those things just got crossed out on my list. I found my brother and sister.
Long story short, after divorcing my dad, their mom took them across the country, changed their last names, changed their addresses and phone numbers, etc. The twins were just five at the time. The last time I saw them was Christmas of 2000. I probably haven't actually contacted them for some 4 or 5 years. Lately, I'd been having dreams about meeting them, so I would check to see if there was anything online about where they might be and how I could reach them. But now it seems secure; They've had Facebook for two days now, and I happened to do a search for them last night and found them. I knew this would one day happen, I just didn't know when! But I'm so excited to finally have a relationship with them! They asked me to call them tomorrow, and that makes me smile. I'm glad that they do not have a negative image of me and Chris. That would've torn my heart apart. There are still a lot of things that need to be resolved; it's quite overwhelming, but I just need to have patience. No change for good can happen overnight. It will take time and love and truth. I hope I can facilitate a change for the better.

No comments: