Monday, October 19, 2009

The First Week

My first week here has been a long and emotional one. Basically, my day consists of goofing around on FB, studying for the GRE, and cleaning my retainers. Interesting, no? I have seen a lot of my cousins, though. I'm happy about that. For a two-year-old Lily has a great vocabulary.
On Tuesday, I visited Chris at work and he helped me put some stuff away in storage. We had a really good talk; like we were getting acquainted with each other as adults. That night, I went to Native New Yorker with Jared, and got me some yummy honey hots! On Thursday, I got a job at Touching Hearts at Home. Also, I helped Uncle Matt grout the floor in the back room and bathroom, then went with my mom to pick up Grandma at the airport. We had Mi Amigos together. On Friday, we had dinner with the Keaster's.... steak and potatoes. Jaiden and Lily were there only. On Saturday, Gramma and I went to the Keaster's again because Matt caught some fish and fried it up. London was there, too. Afterward, I went over to the Kat's Korner for to get on some great swing dancing. I felt so welcomed by people I used to dance with there... I danced a lot of songs, and even asked a couple of people to dance with me! It made me feel accepted and therefore confident. On Sunday, I got all gussied up and had myself a photo shoot, then went to my new ward. I did the brave thing and sat by a girl and introduced myself. She was new, too. We filled out forms and got our pictures taken. It was freezing in Relief Society. But there are a few people I saw on the ward list that I know from like junior high. Micah Bodine, Alyssa Opie, Judy & Danae Blanch... wow haha what a flashback. Well people seem pretty nice there. There were a LOT of girls, but guys eventually showed up after Church started. Bishop hardly looked at me when his counselor tried to introduce me and Alexis to him. He just told us to go do the paperwork. =( Bummer.
And every night this week, I talked on Skype with Jason. I do miss him so much, but I need to remind myself that it's not good for us to be together... not 'safe'. I think there may come a day when I will have to make a difficult decision, one that is a major life-changing decision. You know how I hate those. I don't know what I'll do but hopefully I'll be in a place where the Spirit can guide me to make the right, the better choice.
I need to keep up with running. It's too cold to swim, otherwise I would do that instead. Need to go study, too. Bye.

No comments: