Monday, January 11, 2010

Shopping Bug

Things could always be worse. In fact, things could look like this:

But I am quite grateful that they do not. This was in Provo last year. I miss only a little of it, but I will NOT complain that the high in Mesa has been around 70 degrees Farenheit so far this January. Why am I talking about weather... that's boring.

Next, I shall venture into a discussion of what's new with me. So here goes. Last week I spent 40 hours in training for a job with no guaranteed hours (yay!) and had a job interview for a position with no guaranteed hours (yay! x wowwww!) and my application to ASU is due by the end of the week (yay! x joyness!). I am finally over that 2.5 week-long cough (yay! - sarcasm). I want a new cell phone. I want to learn to play the guitar and I want to record. I want to live in the book "Twilight" (stake me) and I want to fit in petite clothing again (yes, I did once upon a time). Some of these things are possible. Is it just me, or do you tend to want more when you know you can't have more? Stupid economy...
I don't like giving a wishlist to people for Christmas because then there are expectations, and nobody wants expectations for Christmas. But really, I should wise up and let people know, otherwise I get a lot of stuff I wouldn't have asked for. Not that I'm complaining about any of it... just that there are things I want more. Last night, I dreamt about shopping -- because I can't do it. I almost bought this purse that had "mood"/temperature detection capabilities, so it was always changing color on me. I thought it was just going to stay purple, but it didn't, so I put it back. Maybe I can go to D.I. and get myself one thing. I need a light coat that I can wear with any style of outfit in mild weather. Maybe I will do that today. I like having something new that I want. Is it materialistic of me? Absolutely. It's an improvement in quality of life. It can make you feel good, but it doesn't last, and it's EXTREMELY shallow. But a girl's gotta have clothes!
Ok, I'm going to do something productive now. Have a nice day. :)

No comments: